Sunday, November 6, 2011

A. Turrent Puro Corojo











A. TURRENT PURO COROJO


The A. Turrent Puro Corojo is manufactured by Altadis Corporation. They are known for Montecristo, Romeo y Juliette, Siglo and Teamo. The size I will be smoking is a Gran Toro which measures 60 ring by 6.5 inches long. The cigar is constructed with San Andres’ Corojo wrapper accompanied by a Corojo binder and San Andres’ Corojo and Nicaraguan Corojo.


I light my cigar with a piece of cedar and begin to draw on the massive stick I notice that the draw is a little tight but not so tight as to make me suffer. It has a good burn and you can taste the Corojo immediately. The flavor is a little bothersome to the back of my throat but that is to be expected with an A. Turrent product. After growing accustomed to the flavor the Corojo dances across my taste buds awakening a flavor not sensed in a long time. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a pure Corojo smoke and it took me by surprise, the Corojo flavor is exciting me to open my mind to this company again. With the cigar half gone the Corojo flavor is effervescent and is making me realize how long and how much I’ve missed a Corojo smoke. The ash is sturdy due to the tight great construction of this gem. I’ve been smoking this stick for about an hour and it is awesome. I have a little more than a third and the flavor is starting to dissipate. The cigar is now down past a third and the flavor is almost gone being replaced by an ashy taste, plus the stick has also started to unravel as it begins to heat up. As the cigar finishes it reminds me of a Teamo in that it’s a good smoke two thirds of the way and finishes with great disappointment.


The A. TURRENT PURO COROJO is a good cigar for someone who likes a TEAMO or a SIGLO. I think that if you are someone who smokes a cigar and doesn’t always finish it you will enjoy this smoke.

No comments: