Tuesday, November 8, 2011

La Sirena by Miami Cigar



LA SIRENA PRINCE by Miami Cigars

The LA SIRENA is another one of Nestor Miranda’s and Don Pepin’s new line of cigars. The grandmasters of blending are teaming a Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper and a dual Nicaraguan habano and Nicaraguan Corojo binder with Nicaraguan Criollo ‘98 and Nicaraguan Corojo ‘96 filler, this should not be a disappointment at all. The size of the cigar is 5 inches long by a 50 ring. It is called the Prince.

After doing a little research I discovered that this cigar is rated as a full bodied smoke. The teaming of two such master blends should make for a great smoking experience. I personally am a big fan of PEPIN’S work such as the MY FATHER and all of the Pepin main line of cigars.



I begin with warming the cigar with a lit match slowly rotating the short stick to warm the complete outer wrapper. I then take my trusty piece of cedar, lit it, then warmed the foot of this gem. As I begin to draw on it I notice right away that this is no ordinary Pepin blended cigar. It has a bold strength right at the onset leaving me to wonder if I had died and gone to heaven. The flavors rushing around my taste buds were phenomenal. I could taste coffee, pepper and a hint oak making my mouth water for the next draw.



The construction is nothing more than great. The burn is not fast and is letting me enjoy the cigar without worrying that it will be gone in 20 minutes. The plume of smoke is white and is filling my cigar room with the aroma of a nice and smooth Maduro. The robust flavor is adding a little spice to my excitement and making me rethink what I want for Christmas this year.



A third of the way down the ash is still attached and is showing no signs of falling. The spiciness of this pleasure is taking over and is giving my taste a nice turn over treat. I am really enjoying this smoke.



I decided since I’m having on of the best smoking experiences of my year that I would open a little cognac and give myself the experience that you get from a fully functional cigar lounge. At the halfway point the cigar is awesome and the ash is still attached. The construction of this stick leaves no mistake as to who is blending this absolute wonder. The ash is solidly gray and smooth, no curls or flaring, and makes me think that I may have a solid ash for the rest of my smoke. The bold strength and awesome complexity of the ride is as consistent as when it started.



I’m enjoying this so much that I have already gotten my tweezers out. On the way to the nub I have already put the tweezers on it and am hoping that I will be able to finish it without the ash falling (I should have taken a picture). After a hour and a half smoke the ash finally fell and the heat has warmed the tweezers to the point that I can’t touch them with my lips. This is a hell of a cigar.


The LA SIRENA by MAIMI CIGAR is one of the best smokes of this or any other year. Anyone who enjoys a full bodied cigar that is complex and tasty MUST try this. One of the main things on your Christmas list should be this cigar. Buy one or buy a box you won’t be disappointed!!!

No comments: