Monday, May 4, 2009

Oliva Series O Toro Review

Blogger Dave B.

Oliva Series O Toro
6x50
Wrapper: Sun-Grown Habano
Binder: Nicaraguan Habano
Filler: Nicaraguan Habano

Another cigar at work...tough job here at Rocky's Cigars....The night has slowed after store buzzed early as we held an in store Oliva Tasting...at 8:30 pm I snagged an "O" Toro form the display and now the enjoyment begins. I am an unabashed Oliva fan so the bias is in place. As always -well made, no noticeable blemishes or imperfections... Lit like any fine cigar would with a torch on the foot.... hot and glowing red/orange.

The first flavor was just a hint of pepper. Maybe a result of ignition? I wait for a change as I smoke it. Near the middle I am rewarded with a bit of a flavor change as I begin to get a touch of sweetness from the blend. I consider this a medium bodied smoke no where near as ful-blast as the V Series. I smoked as I wrote and had no problem with the cigar staying lit.

BUY

No comments: