Tuesday, December 20, 2011

KRISTOFF GC MADURO SERIES 6x60









KRISTOFF GC MADURO SERIES 6x60

The first of the 2 new Kristoff cigars is the GC MADURO. This line is named for Kristoff owner Glen Case, one heck of a cigar man. His namesake cigar consists of a Brazilian Maduro wrapper, a Honduran binder and filler containing Dominican and Honduran leaf. I will be smoking my favorite size a 6x60.

The night starts with a warming of the entire stick and then ceremonial act of lighting my cigar with my trusty piece of cedar. The first initial flavor to hit my palette is sharp spice of the Maduro. This is accompanied by chocolate and espresso. The burn and draw are excellent and showing me why this cigar has the reputation it does. One of flavor, quality, and consisitency.
As I get one third of the way in the spice has evened out and is allowing the surrounding flavors to take off. The smoke is very smooth for a Maduro and is very enjoyable. At the halfway point the smoke has become an awesome experience. The ash is intact and the burn is even and consistent.
The taste has stayed the same and is making me want more to keep in my humidor. The ash is a consistent grey and the plume of smoke is almost an Ivory color. With a third left the smoke is still very enjoyable and is making me wish it would never end…

The KRISTOFF GC MADURO is an excellent smoke and would be most enjoyed with a nice glass of Glen Livet. I highly recommend that you run out and try one if you can…

No comments: