Tuesday, December 20, 2011

CRUZADO DANTES from ILLUSION



CRUZADO DANTES from ILLUSION

The CRUZADO DANTES by ILLUSION CIGARS is a cigar that consists of a Nicaraguan criollo wrapper and a Nicaraguan binder. The filler is a blend of Nicaraguan and Honduran broadleaf. I’ve never had an Illusion before so this will be a true test…

With an empty cigar lounge because its 9 am I’ve decided to smoke this uninterrupted and give it my full attention. Taking the time to wet my cigar down then warm it with a lit piece of cedar, then warm the foot and begin to draw on the stick I get a true first taste of this first time smoke. The flavor I first taste is a hint of toasted nut and nutmeg. This is a pleasant and new taste and it is giving me a new experience. The construction is good with a firm wrap and an attractive appearance.

About a third of the way in the cigar has picked up a slight spiciness and a peppery flavor. The burn is great and the ash is solid grey even though the ash is small. The plume of exhaled smoke is filling the quiet lounge and I’m wishing there was someone here to share the experience with. The stick is a mix in strength between medium and full depending on your palette. At the halfway point the taste and strength has completely smoothed out and has become almost creamy.

The construction has held up and is very impressive. As I get to a third left the spiciness has picked up and is a nice change. The changeover has been gradual and smooth. The stick has been a pleasure to smoke and I’m ready to say that I will smoke this again…

The CRUZADO DANTES by ILLUSION is a good smoke if you are looking for something new and are willing to smoke a good product. This gem is something I would give a friend if they wanted to enjoy a nice medium to full bodied smoke…

No comments: