Monday, October 24, 2011

LA CASITA CRIOLLA BY TATUAJE



The Tatuaje La Casita Criolla is a cigar that is made from 100% Nicaraguan Broadleaf tobacco. The wrapper, filler and binder are all Nicaraguan. The size I smoked was a corona which is not my normal size. However, the best way to test something is to try it in a different style than the normal size that is usually smoked. The corona measures 46 ring by 5 5/8 length, a good size for a detailed review on a Tatuaje. This cigar had a lot to live up to because of the other products that have come out from this wonderful company.

Using cedar to light my smoke so the first draw would be uninhibited taste, I warmed the end of the cigar and began to draw life into this masterpiece. The first taste that hit my palette was a nutty flavor with a hint of spice. This cigar has an awesome draw and burned as even as anything could.
After the first couple of minutes the room filled with a nice white, thick plume of smoke. The air smelled as nothing I experienced before. The flavor of this cigar was very unique and I immediately had flashes of the first time I smoked a Liga Privada, not the same taste but the experience of something new. This cigar was like no other Tatuaje I have ever had before.
About a third of the way in the cigar begins to change ever so slightly as not to give you a distasteful reaction. It begins to get a little bolder but not a heavy bold. It was very impressive. With every draw the La Casita Criolla makes you wish that this smoke never ends. At the half way point the cigar is still changing not to displace you but leave you wanting more. Every time I draw the cherry glows as bright as a planes red beacon and the exhale of smoke fills the room with white thick smoke. The ash is thick and grey still intact with half the stick gone. This cigar is well constructed and the blend is a very unique tasting treat. The master blender of this cigar needs to be thanked for this masterpiece.
Two thirds into the cigar the reward for choosing this smoke is apparent there is no other Tatuaje that smokes or tastes like this. When I got to the nub I took out my tweezers and smoked until the ash came through. (I burnt my lips but it was well worth it). Even as the La Casita Criolla came to the end it never lost that great taste and never got that ashy flavor.

The LA CASITA CRIOLLA by TATUAJE is one of the beast cigars I have ever had. If you are looking to smoke something new and exciting I HIGHLY recommend this cigar. I found the next cigar I will buy by the box and will smoke and recommend over and over again!!! I can’t say enough about this GEM and recommend it for anyone looking for something new….

No comments: