Wednesday, April 23, 2008

“O” man this is one tasty cigar…




After a short Caribbean vacation last week that permitted me to treat myself a few Cubans, I settled into an Oliva Series O natty to do some paper work and play a bit of catch-up.

I chose the Robusto and wasn’t disappointed.

This is a Nicaraguan Puro so the tobacco profile says this should be a rather full bodied cigar. The wrapper was deftly stretched around the cigar and showed a vague spotting not too noticeable but there as I looked closely. The wrapper, just a bit darker than a true natural in color, looked like it was set to deliver some flavor. The cap was just perfect on this cigar lending to the quality of Oliva cigar construction. These guys are good. The Guillotine snipped it perfectly.

The ignition went well, and the initial flavor was bold and very spicy. The spicy flavor lasted through the first inch and slowly mellowed. The next 20 minutes of this cigar was woody and less spicy. The ash was a nice white color and it held up until I tapped it into my ashtray. From the middle on I detected yet another flavor change…this time even more mellow with a hint of anisette in the background…delicious. I noticed the smoke was almost white as I got into this stick. Like any fine cigar this one hit its peak around the 2/3-1/2 mark. It was flavorful, but not harsh, it was incredibly smooth and mellow at this point. This one was getting “Nubbed”.

At some time for most smokers your palate calls for more taste…and your begging to move away from milder blends. For anyone looking go try a bit more full flavored cigar this one is recommended. You’ll be led into the full-flavor not hit over the head with it. It has all the making of a great cigar.


Wrapper: Sun-Grown Habano
Binder: Nicaraguan Habano
Filler: Nicaraguan Habano

Purchase Oliva Series “O”

No comments: